By Tami Simmons, Better Together Phoenix Program Coordinator
Better TogetherTM Phoenix is not only fun but brings experiential learning to a whole new level. Students learn about the value of Gimilut Chasadim (acts of loving kindness) in Hebrew School, but to get actual hands-on experiences and create memories with other Jewish teens from across the Phoenix Valley is an unforgettable, un-replicable experience.
This past year was filled with so many great activities that brought our teen and senior participants together. Some highlights and my favorite moments include:
- A Cupcake Wars competition, with prizes!
- Hosting a BINGO night – including calling numbers, serving snacks and passing out prizes.
- Memory Box Crafting – creating beautiful keepsake memory boxes with the seniors for them to keep.
- Chocolate/Candy Seder for the seniors – We led this fun experience for seniors together with our friends.
- Creating a Student Film – learn techniques such as: interviewing, directing, organizing, filming, editing, lighting set up, and more!
- Movie Screening for the seniors and your families – show off the movie that you produced and celebrate with a dinner and dessert.
- Final Party at the end of the year! Time to spend with just teens to celebrate the good times and memories together.
Want to see more? Check it out!
Better Together Final Student Film