Grades Invited: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
Registration link: https://urjnewman.campintouch.com/ui/forms/application/camper/App
Contact Person: A.C. Swedlove
Contact Person’s Title: Assistant Director
Contact Person’s Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
West Coast Party Registration is LIVE!!!
April 29 – May 1, 2022 – URJ Camp Newman – Santa Rosa, California
Dear parents, teens, and synagogue professionals,
NFTY SoCal, Southwest, and Central West are hosting an in-person NFTY weekend at URJ Camp Newman the weekend of Friday, April 29th to Sunday, May 1st!!! This event is a teen-powered weekend open to participants in grades 9 through 12. Join us for a retreat full of exciting programs, meaningful tefilah experiences, and lots of camp fun with new and old friends. Read below for more information!
We are moving forward with the planning and running of this weekend program with the understanding that the health and safety of our participants is the highest priority. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility as we get closer to the event.
This event is being run by NFTY and Camp Newman with programming powered by the NFTY SoCal, SW, and CWR Boards.
Links to download URJ health and wellness policies for overnight in-person events:
Cost: With the need for COVID mitigation, staffing and increased food costs, the cost of running a weekend event at camp has unfortunately increased in the last two years. We do not want price to be a barrier to any teen who would like to join us, and therefore are offering different pricing options so you can choose which is most comfortable for you and your family. We are estimating around 150 teens will be joining us for the weekend – we would love for you to be one of them.
Payment Option 1 – Tuition: $425
$375 actual cost plus a donation of $50 – fully cover your own expenses and help pay for another teen to attend this event.
Payment Option 2 – Tuition: $375
$375 actual cost – this is the actual cost per person for this event without any subsidies
Payment Option 3 – Tuition: $310
$310 subsidized cost – This is the subsidized cost of the event and includes a contribution of $60 from our scholarship fund
Payment Option 4 – Tuition: $275
$275 subsidized cost – This is the subsidized cost of the event and includes a contribution of $100 from our scholarship fund
*Anyone from Southwest or SoCal will also get a $50 travel discount*
Transportation: The event begins on Friday, April 29th at 5:00pm and concludes Sunday, May 1st at 10:30am.
There are a few travel options for your transportation when you register for the event. Choose the one that matches your method of travel:
- Arriving Via Flight (flight parameters are outlined below), Camp will provide transportation to and from the Oakland Airport.
- Northern California Temple bus (Bus locations are below)
- Dropped off and picked up via car
Ideally flight should be booked before completing registration for this event so that flight details can be entered during registration.
Guidelines for flights to and from this event:
- Book flights TO this event to land at Oakland Airport (OAK) before 4:00 PM on Friday, April 29
- Book flight FROM this event to depart from OAK after 1:45PM on Sunday, May 1
* If flight times do not match up please email A.C. at email@example.com before booking something outs
Buses or vans will be provided to and from the following locations:
- Temple Sinai, Oakland
- Congregation Emanu-El, San Francisco
- Congregation Rodef Sholom, San Rafael
- Congregation Beth Am, Los Altos
- Congregation B’nai Israel, Sacramento
The final bus schedule with departure and arrival times will be shared about 2 weeks before the event.
We must have at least 12 riders per bus for it to run.
Meals: All meals will meet dietary needs as much as possible including gluten free, dairy free, and vegetarian. Please be sure to indicate your teen’s most up to date dietary needs in their registration.
Vaccines: COVID Vaccines REQUIRED: We require ALL participants, staff, and adults to have completed the full COVID vaccination schedule that they are age-eligible for (CDC defines this as being “up to date”). This includes a booster shot if eligible. Everyone on-site for the event must upload their vaccination information no later than one week before the event .
A more detailed packing list will follow once you register, so please stay tuned.
- KN95 Masks- 3 masks per day. With the exception of meals and bedtime, participants will be wearing masks indoors at all times.
- Warm Sleeping Bag, Pillow and Towel
- Toiletries (toothbrush, deodorant, shampoo, soap, etc.)
- Clothes appropriate for the event, weather, and being outdoors
- A water bottle: Please bring a reusable water bottle to decrease the number of disposable cups we use.
- Please leave at home anything you would be devastated to lose. NFTY, Camp Newman, and the Union for Reform Judaism are not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- NFTY policy is for teens to be responsible for their own medication at events. If your teen needs help with their medication, please let us know.
Safety: Above all else, the safety and well-being of all the participants is foremost.
We will have an overnight security guard making sure we’re safe. We will have appropriate staff in all sleeping areas where teens will be, ensuring the health and safety of all participants. As they become available from the URJ medical team, COVID protocols will be communicated.
What is NFTY? NFTY has been the brand of teen engagement for the Reform movement for centuries. NFTY is a movement that builds strong, welcoming, inspired communities through teen-powered engagement. Together, we pursue tikkun olam (repairing the world), personal growth, youth empowerment, and deep connections, all rooted in Reform Judaism. What makes NFTY different than other youth organizations are our 13 Principles. When you register, the teen and parent both agree to these ideals.
NFTY events maintain high expectations of being a caring and safe community. To this end, each participant and parent will sign off on the NFTY Brit K’hilah, our code of conduct.
Come join us from April 29 – May 1 for NFTY Tri-Regional, a weekend of fun, learning, and friendship. This event is open to all 9th-12th graders and will be led by NFTY Southwest, Central West, and Southern California teen leaders in partnership with URJ Camp Newman.
Please note – this NFTY event registration will be through Camp Newman.